LG Energy Solutions leads the future eco-friendly energy industry by developing distinguished materials and next-generation batteries. As the only chemical-based battery company in the world, we are leading the global lithium-ion battery market based on distinguished materials technology. We have become a global powerhouse in the EV and energy storage system (ESS) battery sector. And based on our unparalleled technologies, we are actively developing new products and procuring global battery production capacities to enhance our dominance in the next-generation energy market.
For our growing European subsidiary LG Energy Solution Europe GmbH in Sulzbach (Taunus) at the earliest possible date we are looking for an:
Engineering Manager ESS (m/f/d)
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Engage with customers’ technical and project personnel to fully understand project requirements and objectives in cooperation with international sales personnel
- Generation of technical proposals including optimizing battery capacity (size and cost), with support as required from specialist personnel from our HQ in Korea
- Lead technical communications with customers during all phases of the proposal: pre- and post-bid, including bid clarification requests and contract negotiations
- Provide in-country technical support to customers and LG Energy Solution Europe GmbH personnel in the event of operational issues at existing installations
- Creation and development of highly effective relationships with customers’ and project partners’ technical staff
- Develop an understanding of competing energy storage technologies, and use this knowledge to inform clients of LG Energy Solution’s competitive advantages and value propositions
- Perform market studies for selected EMEA countries in order to evaluate the potential to strategically enter the market.
Professional and Personal Competences:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in a technical discipline (Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a technical role
- Proven record of providing specialist technical services within the energy industry
- Experience of engaging with electric utilities, project developers and technical consultants would be highly desirable
- Deep knowledge of energy storage technologies, preferably lithium ion batteries, including an understanding of their characteristics and differentiators / advantages
- A strong team player who thrives in a role that requires significant personal contributions and depends on the successful collaboration between European and Korea-based team members
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, and presentation
- Professional, highly motivated individual with a strong results-oriented work ethic
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a minimum of supervision
- Business fluent in English communication, other European language would be a plus
- Comfortable working beyond normal office hours as required to meet customer expectations; an ability to travel throughout the assigned territory (up to 30%)
We offer you a challenging, responsible and varied job in a modern, fast growing, international corporation. You can expect a collegial working environment with flat hierarchies and reasonable scope for action and decision-making. You will receive exciting personal and professional development opportunities as well as basic gross salary, performance-based gross compensation, travel allowance and additional food vouchers. We also provide a company cell phone and company laptop. Another plus point are our flexible working hours.
If you would like to accept this interesting challenge and you have found yourself in the job description, please apply with your complete application documents in English, stating your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date online.
We are looking forward to getting to know you.