LG Energy Solutions leads the future eco-friendly energy industry by developing distinguished materials and next-generation batteries. As the only chemical-based battery company in the world, we are leading the global lithium-ion battery market based on distinguished materials technology. We have become a global powerhouse in the EV and energy storage system (ESS) battery sector. And based on our unparalleled technologies, we are actively developing new products and procuring global battery production capacities to enhance our dominance in the next-generation energy market.
For our growing European subsidiary LG Energy Solution Europe GmbH in Sulzbach (Taunus) at the earliest possible date we are looking for an:
Commercial / Grid ESS Sales manager (m/f/d)
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities, building relationships with major utility companies and developers, managing the sales pipeline and business progress, and conducting market intelligence activities. This is a critical role that requires strong communication skills, technical knowledge of energy storage technologies, and excellent organizational and time management skills. Primary responsibilities include:
- Identify and develop new Commercial / Grid scale ESS business opportunities through active prospecting, networking and lead generation
- Build up the business relationship with major utility companies and developer
- Manage the sales pipeline and business progress
- Closely coordinate the sales activities with Europe HQ and Global HQ
- Conduct market intelligence activities, including market research, trend sensing, competitor analysis, and ESS-related regulation study
- Build up the regional business strategy with Europe HQ
Professional and Personal Competences:
- Degree in a technical discipline (chemical, mechanical or electrical engineering preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a sales or engineer role, preferably to project developers for full system BESS integration scope
- Knowledge of energy storage technologies, preferably lithium-ion batteries, including an understanding of their characteristics and differentiators / advantages
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation abilities
- Proficiency in English (mandatory) – other European languages would be a plus
- Professional, highly motivated individual with a strong results-oriented work ethic
- A strong team player who thrives in a role that requires significant personal contributions and depends on the successful collaboration between European and Korea-based team members
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a minimum of supervision
- Comfortable working beyond normal office hours as required to meet customer expectations; an ability to travel extensively throughout the assigned territory (up to 50%)
We offer you a challenging, responsible and varied job in a modern, fast growing, international corporation. You can expect a collegial working environment with flat hierarchies and reasonable scope for action and decision-making. You will receive exciting personal and professional development opportunities as well as basic gross salary and performance-based gross compensation, travel allowance, additional food vouchers and breakfast. We also provide a company cell phone and company laptop. Another plus point is our flexible working time system.
If you would like to accept this interesting challenge and have the necessary qualifications, please apply with your complete application documents in English, stating your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date via our online job portal.