LG Energy Solutions leads the future eco-friendly energy industry by developing distinguished materials and next-generation batteries. As an international chemical-based battery company, we are leading the global lithium-ion battery market based on distinguished materials technology. We have become a global player in the EV and energy storage system (ESS) battery sector. And based on our unparalleled technologies, we are actively developing new products and procuring global battery production capacities to enhance our dominance in the next-generation energy market.
For our growing European subsidiary LG Energy Solution Europe GmbH in Sulzbach (Taunus) at the earliest possible date we are looking for an:
Failure Analysis Engineer - Fire cases Automotive Battery (m/f/d)
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct origin & root cause investigations of fire cases in the automotive and stationary battery-systems using industry standards (8D-reports, NFPA 921)
- Document, collect (tags and bags), secure and ensuring of following the chain of custody procedures
- Conduct on-site forensic fire analysis and gather necessary related data
- Main contact person for customer to coordinate communication between customer, insurance and/or third parties (e.g. installer)
- Create an investigation status on a weekly basis
- Prepare the expert testimony for possible court cases
Professional and Personal Competences:
- Completed degree in engineering, ideally with a focus on electrical engineering, environmental engineering, natural sciences or a comparable qualification
- Minimum of 2-3 years of equivalent experience; experience in PV installation basics and battery systems as well as a knowledge in the field of renewable energies and experience with various battery inverters or energy and battery management systems (EMS / BMS) would be an advantage
- High voltage work certification would be a plus
- CFI and/or CFEI certification or the ability to obtain immediately
- Expert level knowledge of NFPA 921 & NFPA 1033
- Very good user knowledge in all MS Office programs
- Business fluent English skills, German language would be a plus
- Distinctive service and customer orientation
- Flexibility and willingness to travel (30-40%)
We offer you a challenging, responsible and varied job in a modern, fast growing, international corporation. You can expect a collegial working environment with flat hierarchies and reasonable scope for action and decision-making. You will receive exciting personal and professional development opportunities as well as basic gross salary and performance-based gross compensation, travel allowance, additional food vouchers and breakfast. We also provide a company cell phone and company laptop. Another plus point is our flexible working time system.
If you would like to accept this interesting challenge and you have found yourself in the job description, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application documents in English, stating your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date online.